Together with Joyce Verhaert of Bijzonderstrafrecht.nl, Willem van Nielen found ‘The Bankruptcy Platform’. The purpose of the platform is to provide and exchange information and extend knowledge regarding bankruptcy fraud. The platform establishes a networkfor trustees and the Public Prosecutor’s Office. In order to achieve this, the platform organizes a specialist training called ‘Comprehensive approach to bankruptcy fraud’, courses, network meetings and publishes a newsletter for it’s members. The platform is available on www.faillissementsfraude.nl.
The platform’s target group consists of parties that handles bankruptcy fraud every day, including:
- investigating officers of police and the FIOD
- members of both the Public Prosecution Service and the judiciary (including delegated judges);
- lawyers from the Ministry of Security and Justice
- employees from banks’ special management departments
- employees from the Chamber of Commerce