Complaints procedure Recoup Coöperatief Utrecht U.A.
For the purposes of this complaints procedure the following means:
- Complaint: every written verbal expression of the client dissatisfaction towards the attorney or any persons working under the attorney’s responsibility relating to an issue, about the conclusion or execution of the agreement, the quality of the service or the amount invoiced. This does not include complaints within the meaning of Section 4 of the Dutch Counsel Act (Advocatenwet).;
- The complainant: the client or their representatives who files a complaint;
- Complaints officer: the attorney who is entrusted with the treatment of complaints: mr. S.H. van Erk
2 SCOPE OF APPLICATION
The complaints procedure applies to every service agreement between the client and Recoup Advocaten
Each attorney of Recoup Advocaten is responsible for handling complains in accordance with this complaints procedure.
The purpose of this complaints procedure is to:
- establish a procedure for constructive dealing with a client’s complaint within a reasonable period of time;
- establish a procedure for determining the cause of a client’s complaint;
- improve and maintain existing relationships by correctly dealing with complaints;
- train employees how to focus on clients when responding to complaints;
- improve the quality of services with complaint management.
4 INFORMATION PROVISION
The complaints procedure will be published. Before Recoup Advocaten provides services, the attorney informs the client of the complaints procedure which applies to the services.
If this complaints procedure does not lead to a satisfactory result, an independent third party can be found in the general terms of conditions of the service agreement to submit the complaint to in order to get a binding decision.
5 INTERNAL PROCEDURE
As soon as a complainant files a complaint, the complaint will be referred to the most experienced partner of Recoup Advocaten, who is not involved with the case or disagreement, that partner will be the complaints officer.
The complaints officer will inform the respondent of the complaint and offers the complainant and the respondent the opportunity to elaborate the complain.
The respondent will attempt to resolve the issue with the complainant, whether or not with the input of the complaints officer.
The complaints officer will handle the complain within four weeks of having received it. If the handling period is expected to be exceeded, the complaint officer will inform the complainant of the deadline by which they can expect an opinion on the complain, stating the reasons for the extension of the deadline.
The complaints officer will inform the complainant and the respondent in writing of the decision on the validity of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by a recommendation.
If the complaints is settled satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the respondent will sign the decision on the validity of the complaint.
6 CONFIDENTIALITY AND HANDLING AT NO COST
The complaints officer and the respondent will observe confidentiality when handling the complain.
The applicant will not owe a fee for complaint handling.
The complaints officer is responsible for the prompt handling of complains.
The respondent will keep the complaints officer informed of a possible solution or contact.
The complaints officer will keep the applicant informed about the handling of the complaint.
The complaints officer will keep the complaint file up-to-date.
8 COMPLAINTS DOCUMENTATION
The complaints officer will document the complaints, specifying the issue.
A complaint can be classified into multiple categories.
The complaints officer periodically reports on how the complaints have been handles and makes recommendations for preventing new complains as well as improving procedures.
At least once a year the reports and recommendations are discussed within Recoup Advocaten.
Version: September 2019